- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Personal Information (the “User Information”) that may be collected by Yoshinoya may include:
- If you create and register an account – your username, password, full name, email address, mobile phone number, birthday and gender.
- If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise – financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information, what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy, rewards you earn, and reward you redeem.
- If you use our mobile applications – information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information, your comments, feedback, questions or suggestions, and information about subjects that may interest you.
- Yoshinoya stores in Singapore are monitored by closed circuit television cameras which record photographic and videographic images of persons in and around the stores.
- In addition, when you visit, use or interact with the Online Services, we may collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies, which technologies may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. The information (“Usage Information”) we collect may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer/mobile device operating system and browser type, type of mobile device, the characteristics of the mobile device, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, the address of a referring web site (if any), and the pages you visit on our Sites and Mobile Apps, and the times of visit. We may use this information for any and all lawful purposes, including to operate, maintain, and manage our Online Services and to provide services such as technical support.
- Yoshinoya may use various new and hereafter developed technologies to collect Usage Information and demographic information about you (“Tracking Technologies”) which technologies may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. A few of the methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
- Embedded Scripts – An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with Mobile Apps, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Mobile App, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag (or entity tag) – A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of device identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and HTML5 cookies.
- Mobile Devices and Location Information – Mobile Apps may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device using technologies such as iBeacon, GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. Yoshinoya uses this information for location-based services that you request such as locating nearby Yoshinoya restaurants or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you or to deliver relevant content to you based on your location or to allow you to share your location to other users as part of the services under our Mobile Apps. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for Yoshinoya to acquire this information on your location through the device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider or the device manufacturer. If you would like us to delete location information we have collected, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that the applications may not function properly following deletion, and that we may be required by law to retain certain information.
- Yoshinoya may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
- USAGE OF INFORMATION
- Yoshinoya may use information about you for purposes (“Purposes”) described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. For example, we may use information about you:
- To process and manage your purchase and use of Yoshinoya products and services, including your accounts and program participation, your use of the Sites.
- To respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any social media platform, blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- To create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- To communicate with you by post, telephone, email and SMS about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest you have entered, and your requests for information.
- To communicate with you by post, telephone, email and SMS about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
- If you have registered as a member, the information you have provided us may be used to send you marketing promotions/offers and exclusive member events by post, telephone, email and/or SMS about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded, affiliate and partner offers. Please refer to the section “Update or Change Personal Information & Communication Preferences” below for information on how to opt-in or opt-out.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed at, a destination outside Singapore to Yoshinoya’s third party service providers or agents for the Purposes as described above.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Yoshinoya may share or disclose your personal information in limited ways:
- With others with your consent.
- With our parent i.e. Wing Tai Holdings and other affiliated entities i.e. Wing Tai Retail.
- With agents, vendors or services providers who provide support services to us (such as credit card processors or other payment services providers, mailing houses, CRM agencies, mobile vendors or website hosts) and who help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These third parties may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any social media platform, blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Yoshinoya may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- We may also share or disclose your personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with law or to respond to legal or regulatory processes or lawful requests, including enquiries from governmental and regulatory agencies.
- To protect the rights, property, reputation, safety or security of Yoshinoya, our employees, agents, customers, and others.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
- UPDATE OR CHANGE PERSONAL INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
- Yoshinoya offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- If you wish to opt out of receiving advertising, marketing and promotional communications from us, you can follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails and SMS we send you OR email to email@example.com stating your intention of unsubscribing to all Yoshinoya marketing and promotional communications. If you opt out of receiving advertising, marketing and promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or membership matters.
- If you wish to update or change any personal information such as new mobile number or email address, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Yoshinoya requires members to provide certain personal data in order to ensure the continued operation of your accounts or membership matters and programmes that you have participated. Yoshinoya is not responsible for any loss or failure to deliver goodies, rewards, prizes, vouchers, loyalty points and other benefits as a direct result of your failure to provide Yoshinoya with up-to-date personal data.
- You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Yoshinoya takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
- While Yoshinoya uses reasonable efforts to protect personal data in its possession or under its control, the transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network may be subject to loss, interception and misuse.
- QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You may contact us at:
Yoshinoya (S) Pte Ltd
7000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5
Level 4 (Office Block)
Attention: Customer Care Team
Customer Care Hotline: +65 6309 1355
Mondays to Fridays: 9am to 5pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.